"How? Why?"
"I don't know, it just happened. I can't explain it." The usual answer to those questions.
It was lunch time and the cafeteria was packed with hungry students and professors. The place reeked of different scents that came from different foods and dishes that were cooked. The scents were so strong that when you come out of the cafeteria, the smell is stuck on your clothes and hair all day long. My friend and I decided to get some drinks to cool off the heat. Standing in front of the stall, we chatted while we waited for our drinks to be served. Our topic about school work suddenly shifted to the topic of relationship. "How?Why? I mean, how did you fell in love with him?" She asked me. I paused, and answered her question. "I don't know, it just happened. I can't explain it." Same answer I give out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that/ those question were asked. "I still don't get it." She told me, a bit puzzled. "Well, it's really quite hard to understand. Even me, I still get confused." I laughed.We walked back to the place we usually hang-out. I pondered about the questions again. HOW did I fell in love with him? What did I see in him? These words swirled in my mind. Sure, our relationship wasn't really what you people consider "normal " or even appropriate. With these in my mind, It kind of pushed me to take a little walk down the memory lane, of how our unusual love story began.
*******
I looked at the clock, 5:30 p.m. I looked back at the computer screen. *click click click* my keyboard rattled as I typed away. My eyes, were focused intently on the screen. It was a hot Sunday evening in May. "Get ready, we're going to leave soon." My mother reminded me. We usually attend mass at the evening, since they thought that the heat would have cooled down by that time and, of course, they were right. "Ok." I replied abruptly and did not mind to give her a mere glance, just so she would stop bugging me. I'm at the living room, sitting at the corner where the computer is. The T.V, roared on with the daily evening news. *ping* a chat box popped on my screen. It was HIM.
We met in a online game. I don't even know if that game is considered as an RPG game since it was really girl-y and stuff. We met in a chat room that was crowded with other users. At first, I thought that he was a girl, 'cause his "avatar" looks like one and he kind of acts likes one as well. We chatted for a few minutes and after that I logged out. For that period of time before our second meet, it hadn't crossed my mind that I will share something precious and special with him. I just thought he's another pathetic guy on the net who flirts with girls. For our second meet, we met randomly inside another chat room. I don't know it you can call that coincidence or destiny. After a couple exchanging of e-mails and meet ups in the game, he finally asked me for my messenger account. I think it was because of that our friendship deepened, since we get to talk every night. Timezone wasn't a problem because he was living in the same country as me.
*click click click" I quickly typed my reply. I looked at the clock again. 5:55 p.m. Shit. I need to go off now. I haven't even taken a bath yet and I'm running out of time. I'll just talk to him later. I typed again to inform him that I need to go already.
Tessie: I have to go now. I have to attend mass.
Matt: Really? Wait, I have to tell you something.
Tessie: Ok, what is it? Make it quick. I need to go.
Matt: Ok ok, pick one first. Jokes or serious talk? :)
Tessie: Uhhh... what is this?
Matt: Just pick one! Haha. :)
Tessie: Fine, jokes first.
And So he tells me this really corny joke about a dinosaur float. But since I was such in a hurry, i didn't care and I just want to get it over with. I sighed, the joke was a complete waste of time. I quickly typed my reply.
Tessie: So, what's the other one?
Matt: Uhm, I forgot it already. Just never mind it :)
Tessie: Yeah rght! C'mon tell me already. I need to go.
Matt: Okay fine. Uhm.. how should I say this....
Tessie: If you don't tell me in five seconds, I am so gonna log off already!
Matt: Ok!ok! wait! I think I like you.. but don't worry it's all in the past...
I didn't reply immediately. I re-read the phrase over and over again in my mind. I was dumbfounded. My heart raced and my face reddened. I couldn't believe it. He likes me? Omigod, He likes me! I was feeling butterflies rumbling in my tummy. I like him. And he likes me back. Joy and other happy emotions rushed and flushed my whole being. I looked at the screen again. I have to reply! Keep your cool. I kept telling that to myself.
Tessie: Really?
Matt: Yeah... But never mind it... :)
"Didn't I say to go get ready, already?!" mother shouted at me from behind. Shit. Of all times, it has to be now where I'm in a rush. Damn it. Just great, really. I quickly closed the chat box. "Yeah, yeah in a while! I'm doing something!" I retorted. I shoo-ed her away and focused my attention again on the computer screen. I have to end this already. Damn it. And it's just getting to the good part. FML.
Tessie: Are you serious? Do you still like me until now?
Matt: Yeah...
Blood rushed into my face again. Breathe, girl, breathe! Collecting myself again, I calmly typed my good-bye.
Tessie: Great, we're the same then. :) I gotta now. See you :D *Logs off*
After a few months, we met in person and dated for a couple of times. At first, I didn't like him that much since he's not my type. But as time passed by, little by little, I fell in love with him for who he is. He's sweet, understanding, and kind. To top it off, he's loyal and he loves me dearly. Couldn't find a better guy than him.
*****
It's raining hard. Bah. I sat down on the bench beside me, agitated. I was waiting for the rain to subside at the covered gate at school. I don't have an umbrella with me that's why I'm stuck here and I badly want to go home already, since, I have a lot of things to finish. Then my phone vibrated. I opened the message and his name flashed on the screen. I smiled, after that little trip down in memory lane, I finally understood the answer why I don't know why I love him. It's because when you love a person, you don't really care what he or she looks like nor what she or he is made out of. It's what you and your partner feels. Also, you guys compliment each other which will help you become a better person.. Like they say, it's the heart speaking not the mind.
True love has no basis, thus, it is un-explainable.
THE END.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwww what a nive story! ^^ just shows how unexpecting life is and you have to really take big steps to grasp every chance you get :)
ReplyDeleteNice one arrah! but i have to disagree your last statement that true love has no basis :)
ReplyDelete