Tuesday, 30 September 2014

35th Manila International Book Fair

Last September 20, 2014, Vincent and I went to SMX to check out the annual Manila International Book Fair (M.I.B.F). It's a five day event of pure ecstasy for a book junkie like me. For a cheap entrance fee of Php 20.00, you can already hoard books from well-known bookstores like FullyBooked and National Bookstore since they have a 15%-20% discount on ALL books! Yes, ALL! It was truly heaven!

Of course, with that in mind, you won't expect that MIBF wouldn't be crowded. Especially now, when people are more conscious when it comes to reading. Most books from FullyBooked disappears in a matter of minutes. No kidding, for a second,  you can spot that there's still pile of books. Then when you blink, only a few more copies of it are left on the table! 

I prepared a list of books of what I wanted to buy. But even though I made a list, I was still engulfed in the chaos. There are times that the book you want is already out of stock, or it's not part of the book sale. It happens, so you just have to suck it up. (I cri. But that just happens rarely that they don't have a book available, most of the time they're just out of stock.)


I got six books from my two-day trip to the fair:
*OP (Original Price) *MP (MIBF Price)

1. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan                              (OP- Php 399/ MP- Php 319)
2. How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan            (OP- Php 349/ MP- Php 279)
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman                                    (OP- Php 324/ MP- Php 259)
4. Fangirl by Rainbow Powell                                                    (OP- Php 425/ MP- Php 340)
5. Unnatural Creatures by Neil Gaiman                                     (OP- Php 360/ MP- Php 288)
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins                    (OP- Php 680/ MP- Php 544)
                                                                                                            Total: Php 1,857/ Total: Php 1,485

Imagine, I saved Php 372! Anna and The French Kiss is not included with the books that I bought, it was given to me as a birthday gift by my boyfriend. 

And they're impeccably worth it! Recently, I just finished reading Anna and the French Kiss, How They Met and Other Stories and The Lover's Dictionary. I might do a review on the first two books, hopefully I wouldn't be lazy enough to do it, hehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment