Friday, 24 October 2014

Wicked Charms, Stones and Chokers: The Real Deal

I've been a fan of chokers ever since god knows when, haha. I can remember my very first tattoo choker--- in brown (though I would've loved it in black), which I got in the early 2000's. I was around 7-8 years old back then! Of course the trend faded into abyss, and wearing of chokers after that was completely ridiculous.

I fell in love with chokers again when I was in high school. I was in 3rd to 4th year that I started to wear this, velvet kind-of-choker and it was self-made! And it has an actual BELL for its charm. The one you see on a cat, or on cow? ...And it rings? Yup, that's the one hahaha. It was actually inspired by Japanese fashion, mainly Lolita. I have chokers back then with laces and chains, and I used wear them out like it was normal. I was really into punk-rock-gothic back then. But that's reserved for another story! 

Going back, I'm pretty happy that the choker trend came back. Just so, I wouldn't look like a weirdo for wearing something so jologs/jeje haha! Just kidding :P By the way, I ditched the "lolita" choker thing as soon as I entered college.

Sooo here are some of the chokers hauls that I got from the IG shops that I really fell in love with! 

The picture below shows the first pieces I got when I joined the bandwagon and they're from "@armcandies.foracause"


What I like about this store is that the proceeds will go to charity! This is a win-win situation, since not only you get to have neat accessories, you're also helping out other people. :)

My hispter photo according to my friends hahaha.
Ew, jk. I have nice red hair here, tho.

This is from the store: "@themoonxstars"

The charm necklace is called "Moon and Stars Silver Necklace" and it costs around Php 280!





The when worn photo. Yes, that's me.

The chain length is around 18" if I'm not mistaken. But if you think that's too short for you, it's fine. You can customize it in whatever length you want. I paired it up with a simple black choker from @fashionspicemanila

What I love: The charm looks absolutely beautiful! It gives off this, enchanting/bewitching feel. Idk, the inner punk-rock-grunge-gothic in me likes it. 


Stone Necklaces

These are absolutely beautiful things. Intricate designs + gorgeous stones, what more could you ask for? 

I got all these at "@ohsnapph" for the total of Php 655! Please go check' em out, 'cause they have other fantabulous designs and stones! 



I think this became a trend a couple of months ago. I was checking out a bazaar in World Trade when I saw this stall, and they were selling these pretty pieces. At first I was like, "that thing looks damn expensive!" 

Unfortunately, it was. I think it was around Php 600 per piece? So, I told myself that I'm not going to get one, unless it gets cheaper. Annnd after a few months, I saw posts of these stone necklace flooding my IG feed for a much, much, much cheaper price! Of course, I have to get one now! 






That's pretty much it. Hope ya'll like these!
'Til Then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment