"Family is belonging to and believing in each other." - sweetnsimplequotes
.jpg) |
| 5-12-12 by Eriko Hallare |
This is my team, my family.
Learning is much more fun if your are with the people you love. You'll find more interesting things about each other that you never knew of. You maybe surprised with their answers and revelations, may it be negative or positive. Either way, you knew another part of them.
This is LSPO. I'm part of this community.
I remember the first time I stepped into the office for my interview. I wasn't excited, I was bored. Simply because, my friend dragged me in joining this organization since we didn't both made it through the LAMB (La Sallian Ambassador) exams. And since we both badly wanted to be part of the LPEP, joining the LSPO was our last resort. My interview went well, and I suddenly felt this warm feeling that I couldn't understand. As I left the place, something in there was yearning for me to stay, for good.
A few visits to the office and then the LPEP. I quickly gained new friends. I can't thank these people enough for making my SLA (Student LaSallian Animtor) life worthwhile. My circle of friends expanded and soon enough, almost all SLAs in that org became my friends. Not just friends, but very close friends. Finally, I found my family. A place where I felt that I truly belong.
There's common notion, which is rather negative that in LSPO it is all about worship and that it is boring. But staying there for a year, I found out that it is more than that. LSPO is a place for us to grow as persons who promote the good news of God by being ourselves. Since we are created in likeness and image of God, we're suppose to respect each other and help each other like how we treat the Lord. I can truly say that "Worshipping the Lord, is more fun in LSPO."
Well then, let's cut to the chase. Every summer after the LPEP, the org would usually schedule a Summer Training to serve as a team building, I think? Anyways, our Training was held at the Oasis of Prayer in Cavite. As usual we have these activities and a lectures at each end. But what struck me during the training is the definition of the word "TEAM". To come and think of it, I usually hear this word a lot. But I haven't really looked upon what it actually really means. And I thought I already understood its meaning base from the common dictionary. The word, "TEAM" for me is that its not just a group of individuals but, its a community. A community that yearns for the goodness of each member's welfare and will help them propel for their betterment. You work not just by thinking about yourself, but by others as well. I think that makes life more meaningful doesn't it?
This org is just like any org in the DLSU campus. Don't get me wrong. What I meant was, even the members here and the coordinators also gets involved in some misunderstandings and well, glory. But the remarkable thing is, even though they're experiencing a rough situation, they are still willing to make things work. And through that process, they become stronger and more understanding with each other as family. One thing is for sure, I couldn't be more anymore happier that I'm part of this. It made me realize what I'm capable of as an individual, as a sister to the christian community and as a child of the Lord.
 |
| Ice Skating at MOA By Miszy Destao |
 |
| LPEP 2011 Mass by Mary Oh |
 |
| LPEP 2011 by Mary Oh |
 |
| SLA Commissioning 2011 by Mary Oh |
 |
| LSPO Lenten Retreat by Eriko Luis Hallare |
 |
| LPEP Training 2012 by Amiel Ricardo Revil |
I shed buckets of tears.
I had some misunderstandings along the way.
I shared my laughter and success with the other members.
But there's one thing that I'm thankful of and that's I'm part of LSPO.
 |
| One Faith, One Community, One LSPO. (Taken by Eriko Luis Hallare) |
No comments:
Post a Comment