Saturday, 13 October 2012

No Braces!

Finally, the time has come! I'm finally going to get my braces off (well, almost) for real! I can't believe it! I had these babies on for over 6-7 years. Imagine that? So it's really a new experience for me to finally part ways with these metals.

I had my braces on since I was in first year high school, and I'll be removing them now that I'm in third year college. I know, I know. A lot of people were asking me why it took that long. Well there's a story behind it actually. Hahaha.

Back when I was in fifth grade, I really had horrible teeth that can be compared to bugs bunny. That's when I started to have my teeth corrected. My former dentist, gave me a retainer, which, I only found out that it was called 'expanders'. After a few years, I finally got my braces. I know nothing of braces, except that they hurt a lot. You can probably say that I'm an alien to that idea. I never went back to the dentist for a monthly check-up and I often went back when my brackets got loose or something. When my friend got braces, I was surprised to hear that her doctor requires her to attend a monthly check-up. That was the time I realized that my teeth weren't moving at all. I had an incompetent doctor to deal with. So I asked my parents to get me a new dentist.

My new dentist told me that it's hard to get my teeth into the way I wanted it to be. But he told me that, he'll do the best he could to make me look pretty. Haha, such a nice dentist isn't he? :))  I underwent a lot of process for that to happen. So in the end, it still didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be, but hell yeah I'm thankful that my teeth ain't like bug bunny anymore! On a side note, I love my new teeth right now. :-)

So to you girls out there who have their braces on, just be more patient and keep on smiling! You'll be a lot more beautiful in no time <3




No comments:

Post a Comment