This blog post started with a twitter hashtag, #What2012TaughtMe. At
first, I was having fun posting tweets what happened to me during the past
months, but then it got deeper. I suddenly felt like delving into the most
significant parts and lessons that I had encountered.
A lot has happened this year, both in positive and negative aspects
and I can say I wasn't really expecting it. 2012 taught me 3 things that i'm
forever grateful for...
1. Accept some and learn to let go some.
- Let's face it, there are some uncontrollably events that had
happened to us these past few months. Some are really bad and some are just
really good. If we happen to dwell on the negativity of the past then how can we move on? Letting go ain't bad either,
it just means you're unloading the rest of the unwanted baggage in order for
you to move forward. Sure you'll remember it from time to time, but what
matters most is what you have learnt from it.
2. People come and people go. A new door or window will open for
you.
- It's really nasty when some of the people you're close to,
suddenly drifts away because of varying personal reasons. We don't have the
capability to choose on who people to let in and keep out of our lives. But it
is our choice if we let that negativity hinder us to do something better. 'Tis
true, there'll be a new opportunity for us to encounter if we leave the past
behind. There's always a reason why things happen, so just keep the faith and
keep on swimming!
3. Self-Worth: Battling with my womanly insecurities.
- Probably, this is one of the worst things that I had and will have
to encounter. I'm so insecure about looks, love, popularity and all those
self-image things. It's a part of life and there's nothing I can do to get rid
of that. So what I did was to dwell on the positive things that I had, good
friends, God loves me, good grades, perfect family and a loving boyfriend.
Things like that makes it more bearable and it actually improves my
self-loathing. There are things you can't have but that's the thing, it us
makes stronger and persistent to reach out for the things we want. But of
course, in a good and clean way.
2012 is a very eventful year. I had lots of self-discoveries and I
had new perspectives when it comes to looking at life.
No comments:
Post a Comment