Friday, 1 February 2013

Love Month!


 ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤ 


It's the time of the year again, where people are all gooey and cheesy when it comes to love! The month where it either push you to the brinks of self-loathing and pummeling down your self-esteem or, you'd be this marvelous, super, mega, lucky- out- of- the- story- book-fairytale-princess that majority of the girls are envious of. February, the love month; where either makes girls or even guys weep with heartbreak or sing with glee. It's funny, because a lot of people associate Valentine's day to be something exclusive. Romantic relationship exclusive, is what I mean here! It's true that it's mostly celebrated by couples. But let's not forget what is the real essence of Valentine's day. It's a special day to celebrate love with your love ones, regardless you're in a relationship or not. I mean, c'mon. Go out with your folks, spend the day with your siblings or just chat your friends up for a girls night out. Trust me, Valentine's day is not that scary or even that hopeless. You can actually have fun celebrating this day by yourself too, treat your stressed body some love by going to a spa or go out for a shopping spree (since they sometimes have this crazy Valentine's day sale, hehe.)


Of course, it's still not the same when the guy of your dreams approaches you with a rose, teddy bear or even a box of chocolates! That's like the best, damn thing ever. I'm not going to lie about it, it's innate in us girls to live this fairy tale romance every once in a while. ;)



But seriously, if you want to get a date, then go get it girl! It's the 21st century, you need to loosen up those damsel in distress strings and find yourself a prince. I repeat, a PRINCE, not some douche -of- a -frog- prince. Get the idea? Good. We want to spend this day with out must fun and pleasure. We don't want some jerk, breaking our hearts afterwards right? It's alright to have some fun, but always remember, principles and morals are your best friend if you want to find a worthy king. Oh, and trust your gut. Make Valentine's a day your want to remember not a day you want to lock away in the darkest places of your being hehe.



Before I had my first boyfriend, I used to celebrate V-day with the fambam (and I still do,  and I will continue to!) It wasn't really a big deal to me back then on who to celebrate it with or I wasn't really part of the "single-awareness" cult that they're now protesting about. Sheesh, people give it a break. Nobody wants to be miserable, and sadly you can't make other people feel bad about having a date on that day and you don't. And for the record, being single is fun. So live it until you have the opportunity to. Who says being in relationship is peachy? Chick flick and romance novels are not really good advisers when it comes to that.



I had some major downs and ups when when this day comes around the corner, and one of these were the recent ones. Oops. 



So I tell you, trust your gut! Say no if you have to and have fun on Valentine's day! :)


  ❤ ❤ ❤              ❤ ❤             ❤ ❤           ❤ ❤              ❤ ❤             

No comments:

Post a Comment