Without further ado, let me introduce you the book first.
![]() |
| Very much well-known cover of this book! |
I think all you are familiar with this book? Especially with the Author's name. Of course, everybody must have heard of ROALD DAHL. If you haven't then you certainly do not know what your childhood had missed! Roald Dahl is very known for his "Classic Children Literature." The author of several all-time favorite books like "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory," "Charlie and The Great Glass Elevator," "James and the Giant Peach," "The Twits," "Fantastic Mr. Fox," "The BFG," and of course many more that you've loved to read ever since you were little.
Going back to the book, believe it or not, it is my first time reading "The Witches." Annnnd, I'm like 19 years old? There's also a movie adaption of it that was released several years ago and I didn't even know it.
![]() |
| I like this cover than the other one. It has this mysterious feel that make you curious! |
The Witches, has some sort of dry humor that you'll come to love when you're an adult. It's very much subtle but it could be easily de"tected. One of the unique aspects that I've found in this book is that how the author described a witch. They live with us, looking like ordinary women. " I'm not sure though if that statement has an innuendo in it. Haha. But seriously, it sounds kinda sexist. Not really visible when you're a child.
Anyways, I love the character of the "young boy" in this book. He wasn't named, yet you can really imagine how alive his character is. The way he narrates the story does not seem to come from a boy of about 8 years? He's very mature and very much witty. Though sometimes, there are hints of being sarcastic or downright frank about his thoughts. I'm guessing, you would find it funnier if you are already "exposed." You don't expect a child to come up with these kinds of ideas; innocent they are.
This story is not only about finding and hunting witches. The story is more than that. It's very deep and has a comforting feel to it. Everbody can relate with how the character perceives the world. Not just only a little boy, but as a person who experiences unjustice in anyway possible.
'Til the very end, I enjoyed reading this book. I learned a thing or two from it. Sometimes, simple answers are laid out in front of you but you just fail to see it, because we are looking for a far more complex and logical answer.
Anyways, I love the character of the "young boy" in this book. He wasn't named, yet you can really imagine how alive his character is. The way he narrates the story does not seem to come from a boy of about 8 years? He's very mature and very much witty. Though sometimes, there are hints of being sarcastic or downright frank about his thoughts. I'm guessing, you would find it funnier if you are already "exposed." You don't expect a child to come up with these kinds of ideas; innocent they are.
This story is not only about finding and hunting witches. The story is more than that. It's very deep and has a comforting feel to it. Everbody can relate with how the character perceives the world. Not just only a little boy, but as a person who experiences unjustice in anyway possible.
'Til the very end, I enjoyed reading this book. I learned a thing or two from it. Sometimes, simple answers are laid out in front of you but you just fail to see it, because we are looking for a far more complex and logical answer.
But this boy taught me a lot of the things I'm worrying about and missing out. And to quote, "It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like so long as somebody loves you."
Well, I will end the post with this.
Arrah
Well, I will end the post with this.
Arrah


No comments:
Post a Comment